Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The ACT! Address book service is not properly configured....

The ACT! Address book service is not properly configured....

[ Edited ]

" The ACT! Address book service is not properly configured, or the configured database XXX.pad is locked.  Do you want to configure it now?"

When I open Outlook 2003 I get this message.  When I select yes, Outlook opens but there is no dialog box askig me to confirm my settings.  Under tools/preferences in ACT! everything is set correctly.  The add-in shows being installed in Outlook.  I have run detect and repair in Outlook,  I have reinstalled ACT!. 

One item to note, If I try to configure the Address Book by using the "Mail" icon in the control panel I get "An unknown error occured, error code: 0x80040154."

ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.1.199
English (United States)

Message Edited by AndrewK on 07-02-2008 10:19 AM

Re: The ACT! Address book service is not properly configured....

I am having a similar problem...  My computer for some odd reason will not allow me to import my contact list from Outlook to ACT! (or, vice verse I think too).  This is getting to be a real problem!  Can anyone help?  Thanks!!

~v Smiley Happy

Nickel Contributor

ACT only swets up an address book of its contacts within outlook. It does not natively syncronize your outlook contacts with the ACT database. Adding the address book is what it is doing when you set up email in ACT.

If you want to literally keep your regular outlook contacts and your ACT contacts syncronized, you'll have to use an addon such as doublelook from companionlink.  There are others available also, check out actaddons.com for other ideas.

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA

That is not the issue I am having.  I cannot "link" the address book to Outlook.  It is if the add-in is broken.

Platinum Elite Contributor

AndrewK wrote:

" The ACT! Address book service is not properly configured, or the configured database XXX.pad is locked.  Do you want to configure it now?"

When I open Outlook 2003 I get this message.  When I select yes, Outlook opens but there is no dialog box askig me to confirm my settings.  Under tools/preferences in ACT! everything is set correctly.  The add-in shows being installed in Outlook.  I have run detect and repair in Outlook,  I have reinstalled ACT!. 

Have you tried this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/64uyl4

One item to note, If I try to configure the Address Book by using the "Mail" icon in the control panel I get "An unknown error occured, error code: 0x80040154."

ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.1.199
English (United States)

I would also look at updating to 10.02... it does a reinstall to clean up stuff as well

I went to the knowledge base article.  The dialog box in step ten never appears.  I assume that everyone in the company will need to upgrade to the newer version.  Correct?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Yes, if updating to 10.02 or 10.03, all users sharing the database (lan and sync) need to update.