Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The ACT! Address Book is not properly configured yadda yadda

Bronze Contributor

The ACT! Address Book is not properly configured yadda yadda

Since ACT! 2010, I have way too many users at way too many accounts who are experiencing "The ACT! Address Book is not properly configured..." every single day when they start ACT!, and they have to go through the steps to add the database again and again and again.  No, they haven't changed their username or password, no the .pad isn't damaged.  Every user on Citrix or Terminal Server experiences this.  Rarely happened in ACT 2009. I've read and reviewed KB13531.  There's clearly a problem with ACT! 2010.  Same goes for frequent GDI errors when running on Citrix or Terminal Server - they never happened under ACT! 2009.

Signature
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: The ACT! Address Book is not properly configured yadda yadda

Kevin,

I have to disagree a little. The GDI errors have been around in all versions.

Regarding the address book issue, I prefer to use the IP address of the ACT Web service instead of the url. That way, the ACT.Outlook.whatever.exe doesn't have to resolve the url. Sometimes it makes a difference.

Geoff Boulden

Twelve/Three

Geoffrey B. Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Buffalo, NY
ACT!
SageCRM
GoldMine
SQL Certifications
Bronze Contributor

Hi Geoff,

That's funny - I've only started seeing them with this frequency in 2010, and specially on Server 2008.

In every case that I'm seeing the ACT! Address Book error, it's been with the ACT! full client, not the web version, which I think you were referring to.

Thanks!

Signature
Copper Contributor

I also have a lot of clients on ACT! 2011 experiencing this issue. No matter what I do to fix it, it's back the next day...or sooner. It has to be an ACT bug, as my clients are using different operating systems, different servers, different versions of Outlook...but all have this issue with ACT! VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Copper Contributor

I am a single user and am having the same problem also - with ACT Pro 2012.  Nothing I do resolves this daily issue.  Looking for a solution.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Try this. Delete the preference settings as per knowledge base. Reboot Pc and then make sure you right click the ACT icon when starting ACT and run as administrator. Reset preferences and ACT address book in Outlook.