Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Text wrap in list view

Text wrap in list view

-Act! Premium V.18

-Win 7

I have received some complaints from a few of my users and I want to help make Act easier for them to use. Their complaint is that it takes far too long to click through to the detail view, then read notes on a contact, then switch back to list view when making cold calls. 

I have created a custom memo field titled "Contact Notes," however when displayed in list view it still only shows the first line of the field. I am wondering if there is a way to text wrap in list view so the entire contents of the field can be seen.

Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Text wrap in list view

There isn't any way to have word wrap in a list view. However there is a better way to do what you want. With a contact record highlighted in the contact list view, press Alt + n or Ctrl + h to open the associated dialog to record notes or history for the highlighted contact.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Administrator

Hi DBAire10,

If you are switching though contacts frequently, using the Next / Previous contact buttons instead of switching back to the list view would probably save you time. this way, the notes or history tab stays open when switching between contacts.

Act!_2017-02-08_10-12-18.png

Roy,

I have attempted to use Alt + n, but it seems that there is no command mapped to that shortcut.

Administrator

I think Roy meant Ctrl + N for New Note.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Interesting. I rechecked on ACT! 17 and 18 and both Alt +n and Ctrl + n (lower case) launched a new note for the selected contact.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I have found a solution that works best for my situation. I went to list view and then went into edit mode. If you click on a memo field in edit mode,there is a button in the cell. If you click the button a pop-up window appears showing the entirety of the text in the memo field. No need to switch back and forth between list/detail views.