Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Terminal Server - Unable to perform the requested action. There are no ACT! address books setup at this time.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Terminal Server - Unable to perform the requested action. There are no ACT! address books setup at this time.

[ Edited ]

I have a potentially similar issue with users opening the ACT! program via a terminal server.  The ACT! program is on the terminal server, the database (PAD file) is then opened via a \\server\share\database.pad link (on another machine).  Many times a day, a user will get the following message:

Unable to perform the requested action. There are no ACT! address books setup at this time.

The user can then go into Tools>Preferences and re-do the E-Mail setup, but clearly they don't want to do this multiple times per day.  I'm still trying to get info from their tech department as to where/what machine the Exchange server is in relation to all this.

Any ideas are welcome.  Thanks...

Message Edited by dlunceford on 05-20-2009 08:44 AM
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Terminal Server - Unable to perform the requested action. There are no ACT! address books setup

Just found out the Exchange server is on another machine, and the IT staff believe the address book is stored on that "other" machine.  So:

ACT7 instance & databases are on one machine

ACT Program that users open is on Terminal Server (machine2)

Exchange server on machine3

Thanks for any help!

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

Re: Terminal Server - Unable to perform the requested action. There are no ACT! address books setup

I am having a similar issue.  Win XP Pro, ACT!2009 and Outlook 2007. 

ACT! on laptop

ACT database on server

Outlook on laptop - running exchange

Client is getting this message and needs to reboot act/outlook several times a day after reconnecting to address book on server.  Laptop is not loosing connection to network and is not sleeping.  Worked fine for almost a year then just started happening a week or so ago.  No other software has been loaded or removed.  I have seen a few posts regarding this but no solutions.  Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

Thanks

Copper Contributor

Re: Terminal Server - Unable to perform the requested action. There are no ACT! address books setup at this time.

I'm getting the same type of error.  I've gone into Tools/Preference/email to try to disengage Act from Outlook, but to no avail. 

I've also gone in to properly configure, again unsucessfully.  

Can you reply with a set of instruction to either configure or fully disengage?

Thanks!

I  too have tried Act's advised fix --- 50 times in last couple weeks... I keep doing the fix and it may work a few times then I have to reenter **>pad again. Have done this 50 times in past few weeks... GAD! act contact manager error"unable to perform requested act,there are no act address books set at this time. consistent error. Please send a fix...better yet have a human call 415-383-7880 and fix a poor product. Act 18.1 Pro.

Administrator

Hi Dwayne,

When exactly does this error occur? Is there a specific action that you take before it appears?

Outlook integration issues can be tricky to troubleshoot via the Community. To get some hands-on assistance, I would suggest giving our support team a call when you are available.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Outlook can remove the ACT link (Add-In) if it takes to long to load and is a pain feature of newer Outlook releases.

Look down the list for keeps disabling add-ins

https://www.outlook-apps.com/inactive-outlook-add-ins/