Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Templates not working after upgrading to windows 10

Templates not working after upgrading to windows 10

Using Act Premium 2012.  Microsoft decided it was my turn to upgrade to windows 10.  When I try to write a letter using a template, it is not associated with the contact.  It comes up as Document 1.  Looking for a way to correct this.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Templates not working after upgrading to windows 10

ACT! 2012 isn't compatible with Windows 10. You'll need to upgrade to ACT! 18.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Administrator

Hi Alan,

Roy is correct, the last version of Windows that Act 2012 was fully compatible with, was Windows 7. You can find full compatibility listings in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29767

We have 9 users and no plans to upgrade at this point.  I did not choose to upgrade to windows 10.  There must be a way to make this work as we have another users on windows 10 and it works fine.  

Platinum Elite Contributor

Unfortunately, there are no easy options for you. I suppose you could restore the two Windows 10  machines to Windows 7 so you could continue to use ACT! 2012. As for technical support for your present setup, you would need to go to an ACT! Certified Consultant because ACT! technical support no longer supports ACT! 2012. What all problems can come up with ACT! 2012 running on Windows 10 isn't known but one major issue is that the version of Microsoft SQL used for ACT! 2012 is no longer supported by Microsoft on Windows 10.

Like it or not, your only real option is to upgrade ACT! to version 18.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Elite Contributor

Try running a repair of MS Office. As Roy states your mix of ACT and Windows is unsupported but if 1 user has it working it is worth trying the repair option of Office which may restore the ACT - Office word functionality.