Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Templates Saved as ADTS Audio Files

Templates Saved as ADTS Audio Files

We upgraded to Act! Pro 18 and also upgraded to Microsoft Office 2016.  Now, all of our templates are saved as ADTS Audio files.  We have gotten them to work, but they always open in compatibility mode, which has caused some issues.

Any thoughts as to how to get them to .docx files?  I've done a save as, which saves it as a .docx file, but then it does not appear on my template list through Act.  Only ADTS Audio files appear.

Any thoughts? 

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Templates Saved as ADTS Audio Files

Go to the start menu and click on the control panel.  Then go to Default Programs.  Here is where you can choose which program will open the .adt files and select Act!.  Hope that helps!  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

Thanks, Brenda.  I did this and Word 2016 is the default program now.  However, the documents are still opening in Compatibility Mode and the icons for .adt files show a musical note.  See below.

Capture.PNG

Any thoughts as to why? I'd like to avoid Compatibility Mode, as it has caused some issues.

Employee

As far i have read about compatibility mode in Microsoft blogs it mentions word showing the document as compatibility is because when you open a document in Word 2016 that was created in Word 2010 or earlier, you see Compatibility Mode in the title bar of the document window.

If you open a Word 2013 document in Word 2016, you don't see Compatibility Mode in the title bar because Word 2013 and Word 2016 are compatible, whereas it is not the same for older version documents.

And with the icons showing as music notes, that can be easily changed by right clicking on any one of the documents and going to properties and in the general tab click on the change button and choose ACT or word so that the icons will choose the program as default.

Capture2.PNG

Thanks, Pad1424.  I understand the compatibility issue.  So, it seems like until I convert all of the templates to Word 2016 docs, they will continue to open in that mode. 

However, regarding the icon issue, all of the documents are being open with Word 2016, yet they are still showing the musical icon.  Perhaps this is okay, but I wasn't sure if that was causing my issues with compatibility, as well.

Employee

zaslavsky wrote:

However, regarding the icon issue, all of the documents are being open with Word 2016, yet they are still showing the musical icon.  Perhaps this is okay, but I wasn't sure if that was causing my issues with compatibility, as well.

Indeed, for some reason, you will still have a music note icon when you change the default program to Word, however this will change to the Act icon if you choose Act as default.

adt.jpg

Yes, it changes it to the ACT logo if I tell it to use ACT to open.  It appears that it still uses Word 2016 when actually opening the document.  So, it appears that this will work.  I'll provide an update if there are any issues.  For now, it appears that this is resolved.

Thanks! 

Capture3.PNG

Hi All,

I have the same problem.  I use Act! Pro Version 16.3.11.0, Hot Fix 1 and recently purchased and loaded Microsoft Office Home & Business 2016.  Now all of my templates which I use daily show extensions of ADTS audio type files.  I followed this string and did a right mouse button click on one file in the templates subdirectory and told it that it should open with ACT.  Then they all switched to ACT ADT files with the "A" icon.  However, when I try to use the template by clicking in ACT on menu item "write" and select "email message from template" nothing happens?

I am desperate as I use these templates many times per day.  Please help.  My email is dougf@epicstrategies.com also if someone would email me a solution.

Many thanks,

Doug

Administrator

Hi Doug,

Firstly, please be aware that Act! v16 is not supported with Office 2016. We can't guarantee this functionality without upgrading to a more recent version of Act!. You can find full compatibility listings in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29767

Did you update Microsoft Office while Act! was installed? If so you'll need to uninstall Act! and then reinstall it so that it can re-detect which version of Office you are using.