Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Team and contact setup

Team and contact setup

I have a few questions about "Manage Team".  What is the purpose of team?  I recently completed setting up the program on the laptop.  Our company is a financial company which provide financial services.  We have different advisors in the company and depends on project different manager will oversee their progress.  My first question is: for user who are creating the contact in the very first place, is there a way to automatically give contact access to the manager. 

My second question is: under contact access, in access level, is there a way to delete the Private function so it cannot be used?  My third question is: when a team is setup, how to have the manager to oversee the contact of the members but each members cannot see each other's contact without using "limited access" function.  I have some other questions but these one are more urgent.  Thanks.

Best,

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Team and contact setup

Why don't you want to use the Limited Access facility?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

One of the reason is we have ove thousands of contact.  If we were to enter those into the system, (even if we sync through outlook), you can think about the number of clicks the manager or team leader would be to do. 

Thats why we would like to see a particular default setting where when contacts are entered, it will automatically be seen by manger and not public.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Limited Access is still a valid option for you.

Each ACT! user can determine how the access control (Limited Access) will be set upon a record being created through the ACT! GUI (user screen)by setting preferences in ACT!. In ACT!, if you open the menu: Tools | Preferences and choose the Startup tab, at the bottom you will find Record Creation Options so that you can pre-set the requirements for access control on a per user basis. 

Graeme Leo

Thank you for your suggestion.  However, for the preference it can be changed by each user.  Our company wants to have a record created, immediately seen by admin or a specific manager and do not want this "preference" to be changed except by admin. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

If an ACT!  user creates a record in ACT! they are the Record Manager by default. How are new records created, if not by individual ACT! users?

Graeme Leo

Of course the record manager can see it.  In addition to that, the company wants the admin and manager to see it as well. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

They will. What is the problem? 

Graeme Leo

We notice contact access can be set to private.  When it is set to private, nobody except record manager can see it. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

I'm not quite understanding what the problem is, but generally, it is not practical to satisfy all security or record access requirements with a technological solution. 

Graeme Leo