Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tasks for a specific user will not show in Task List

Tuned Listener

Tasks for a specific user will not show in Task List

I have one user, out of 33 on our system, who's activities will not show up in the Task List.  When he attempts to look at his own task list, he gets a blank page.  He can, however, see the tasks of other users.  He can also see all his tasks in the Calendar view. If I try to look at his tasks in the Task List while logged in as me, I cannot see any of his tasks, although I can see the tasks of any other users as I am an Administrator.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

Kadon Hodson
Technology Officer
TCK - The Trust Company of Kansas
khodson@tckansas.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Tasks for a specific user will not show in Task List

[ Edited ]

Hello Kadon,
The User filter can only show up to 10 users' activities at a time. Have you tried selecting him as the only user in the Select Users filter for the Task List?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Yes, this happens even when only choosing to look at tasks for this one user.

Kadon Hodson
Technology Officer
TCK - The Trust Company of Kansas
khodson@tckansas.com
Platinum Super Contributor

It appears there is a damaged activity (activities) for this particular user. Try the following:
- Run maintenance on the database (Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair). All users will have to be out of the database when running this. Always create a backup before running maintenance.

- Try to identify the bad activity. Display the Task List for a different user and change the filters for date range > make it for past activities or future only > then select the 'problem' username. Use variations to try and isolate. If you can narrow it down, remove suspect activities through the calendar view.
Greg Martin
Sage