Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tasks Alarms Pop Up Window

Tasks Alarms Pop Up Window

Hi, one of the key reasons I have a CRM is the ability to set reminders to call someone and subsequently have these reminders pop up when I open Act.  I have used desktop version of Act for last 10 years (Currently Act Premium 2013) and am now on a trial with Act Premium Cloud, my issue is that approx. 50% of the time the scheduled reminders pop up does not come up upon lagging in.  I have placed many calls to helpdesk on this issue and after multiple attempts at resetting Internet Explorer version 11 browser and playing with the IE settings and the Act Tool Preferences settings this issue seems to persist.  Please help, thank you.

Administrator

Re: Tasks Alarms Pop Up Window

Most commonly, the reason for the alarms window not to appear when expected would be either ad-blocking or pop-up-blocking tools on your web browser.

Make sure these features are either disabled, or the database site is white-listed - and that your internet explorer settings are set exactly as described in this KB: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38231

[ Edited ]

Thank you.  Yes, the Act help desk folks have gone through that process multiple times but the issue still persists which I suppose will lead me to look at another CRM, a Google search just revealed what looks to be a better (and FREE) system call Hubspot, going to check it out. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi DKane,

FREE solution gives value for money! Ha ha.

Buyer beware - check reviews first!

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Thank you for the feedback.  The reviews look good.  I am not sure how they would handle importing my 3500 records but assume it should not be a problem.