Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tasked when someone’s ID/Status has changed?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Tasked when someone’s ID/Status has changed?

• Act! Premium Version 18.1
  • Microsoft Office Version: 1705
  • Shared Database
  • Windows 7

Hi everyone,

We’re going to start sending out catalogues at our company.  Once a contact gets a catalogue, we’re going to classify them as a “hot lead” for others to follow up on. Is there a way for other Act! users get a notification that they’re now classified as a “hot lead” and it becomes a task for them to follow up on? I already know how to change their ID/Status but I can’t figure out how to get further than this.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, especially as we’ve just started using Act!.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author TinaA
‎06-28-2017 05:27 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Tasked when someone’s ID/Status has changed?

I would suggest that at this stage in your experience of ACT you just invoke a manual procedure for the person changing ID Status to also create an activity for the designated person to follow up and make sure it is alarmed so the User will get the alarm on opening ACT or when it is due.

Going forward look at the options in smart tasks on triggering an action from a field change. Here is a link about Smart Tasks

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26944/~/how-do-i-create-and-manage-smart-tasks-in-act%21%3...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author TinaA
‎06-28-2017 05:27 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

I would suggest that at this stage in your experience of ACT you just invoke a manual procedure for the person changing ID Status to also create an activity for the designated person to follow up and make sure it is alarmed so the User will get the alarm on opening ACT or when it is due.

Going forward look at the options in smart tasks on triggering an action from a field change. Here is a link about Smart Tasks

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26944/~/how-do-i-create-and-manage-smart-tasks-in-act%21%3...

Copper Contributor

Thanks ch1p!

I was able to create a smart task that successfully sends an email to a user if a contact has the ID field changed to a hot lead. Is it possible to also pull that contact's information into the email so that the user can quickly follow up on it? If not, what is the easiest way to go into Act! and view the new hot lead? I already know how to view it in Smart Tasks. We're going to be giving out a lot of catalogues and I want to automate as much as I can for the team. 

Thanks again!

Bronze Elite Contributor

One way is to create a dynamic group that looks at the ID Status Field and automatically puts the matching Contacts in there.

Once a lead is qualified consider using opportunities to progress the sale.

Also consider creating an Activity Sent Brochure if this is a major task.