Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task rollerover causing Act to freeze everyday

Task rollerover causing Act to freeze everyday

I am using ACT Premium 2013 15.0.301.0 with Windows 7.  I beta tested ACT Premium 2013 and reported this issue.  Everyday ACT will freeze.  The task rollover box does not appear in ACT however when I press alt/tab the box shows up.  When I get to the rollover box I have to continue to press OK many times (as many as 50 plus sometimes).  Once it finally clears Act will unfreeze and work fine.  I noticed that the 1st time I hit OK it actually rolls over the events but the rollover box remains open and ACT remains frozen.  I can also shut down ACT by forcing a shut down and restart ACT.  When I do this, the rollover box appears and works fine, but I should not have to do this every day.

Because I reprted it during the Beta and wrote a glowing review for the Beta I thought this was a minor glitch and would be resolved quickly.  I've lived with this frustration for months and finally called tech support.  Was told that even though I reported the problem during the Beta, because it is past 30 days I'd have to pay I thing $89 for support.  That really frustrated and disappointed me.  Can anyone give me help.

Copper Contributor

Re: Task rollerover causing Act to freeze everyday

I have the same problem. Has anybody offered a solution?

No one has responded yet.  Sure hope someone from Sage does.  I'm getting tired of having to go through this every day.

Platinum Elite Contributor

What you're reporting is typically caused by having an excessive number of activities to rollover. Your original description definitely would be typical of that cause. How many do you roll over?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Not so...I roll over perhaps 6 or 7. on any day.

With that few rolling over, I wouldn't expect any problems. It definitely isn't a common problem so I have to suspect something in the system setup or perhaps the .NET Framework is damaged. If you haven't already, try disabling the UAC and see if that helps. If you have a firewall, try disbling it temporarily, the same with your antivirus. The main thing is to find if something else is contributiong to the lockups.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Very few rollover tasks, maybe 8 calls and 4 to do.  Never had this problem until ACT premium 2013 and I've used ACT many years.

Roy, what is UAC and how do I disable it?  Probably a dumb question to you but my IT knowledge is limited.  But thanks to responding to my issue.

Gogle UAC and you should get good information. By the way it stands for User Acess Control. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

The UAC was already turned off so that is not the problem.  I'm guessing I should turn it on for protection?