Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task list reverts to All Contacts

Copper Super Contributor

Task list reverts to All Contacts

Haven't seen this before today.  It's strange.  My task list has 45 activities.  I select 33 of them.  I omit 10 to work with the remaining 23.  When I go from List View to Detail View it now shows ALL of my contacts (15,000), not the 33 I want to work with.  This is a new bug.  

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Task list reverts to All Contacts

Working as designed. The tack list doesn't automatically become the contact list view unless you use the create lookup option in the task list.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi,

Would you be able to confirm the version of Act you are running, this can be found from 'Help - About Act' 

I have attempted to replicate the issue and please correct me if i have got the process incorrect.

With my task list with 64 activities, I select 10 activities - Right click and select Create look up - 61 contacts are added.

Regardless of the amount of contacts I highlight it will also show 61 contacts.

I am unsure if this issue at the moment is a defect or working as intended but i will escalate it for further investigation.

Copper Super Contributor

Act! Premium (Web) Version 19.2.146.0, Update 2

You have the correct sequence. 

Task List opens

I highlight 44 contacts and right click - Go To Contact - those appear next in the List View

Next:  I highlight 10 contacts and right click on Look Up Selected  - those appear in List View

Next I go from List view to Detail View - here is the issue - A single contact comes up as expected but the list now show that person is #X of my entire database.  

When I try 'back" it goes to a list view of the first 44

I have checked in with my senior team regarding this and it is working as designed.

The wording is important when preforming this lookup, as it mentions 'Create Lookup' rather than 'Lookup Selected'

Copper Super Contributor

I disagree that this issue is 'as designed'.  When I want to view an individual contact from a list I should be able to see just that contact or group, not the list of the entire database.  Please try again to recreate this scenario.  

[ Edited ]

When you would like to view a individual contact from the Task list you can click on their name from the 'Schedule With' field, this way will not create a lookup but will take you directly to that contact.

If i had made a mistake in my previous post here. please can you provide further information to the steps and i would be happy to look further into it.