Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task list in Excel

Copper Contributor

Task list in Excel

Can somebody help me in view of creating a tasklist in excel using the OLDDB reporting interface.  I have created reports opps and history using excel and Microsoft query but having problems with activities.

I can't seem to find how to get just a simply list of tasks currently in the database. 

Which tables are best use etc

Appreciate any suggestions you have.

Many thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Task list in Excel

Hello brad,
On the toolbar for the Task List, you should have an Export to Excel option, which will export all currently displayed activities and visible columns. To choose which columns to export, click Options in the upper right of the task list, then Customize Columns.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Unfortunately the task list cannot show all the fields i need for the tasklist.

I will need the contact's postcode for example...

Bronze Super Contributor

Brad,

We have developed an add on named Impact - Task List Module that combines any field from the contact into the task list. Simple export the task list to excel. You an even design multiple column sets for different excel exports.

Link to read more....

http://durkincomputing.com/ACT-Addons-TaskListPlus.aspx

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin

Nickel Contributor

You could try this SQL Query
Select dbo.CONTACT.ZIP_CODE, dbo.ACTIVITY.ACTIVITY_TYPE, dbo.ACTIVITY.IS_CLEARED, dbo.ACTIVITY.START_DATE_TIME, dbo.ACTIVITY.REGARDING, dbo.ACTIVITY.IS_PRIVATE, dbo.ACTIVITY.ORGANIZER, dbo.ACTIVITY.LOCATION, dbo.ACTIVITY.DURATION, dbo.ACTIVITY.DETAILS From dbo.CONTACT Inner Join dbo.CONTACT_ACTIVITY On dbo.CONTACT.CONTACTID = dbo.CONTACT_ACTIVITY.CONTACTID Inner Join dbo.ACTIVITY On dbo.CONTACT_ACTIVITY.ACTIVITYID = dbo.ACTIVITY.ACTIVITYID
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand
Copper Contributor

thanks for your reply i will give it a go,  i'll be using MS Query, is this the best way?

Nickel Contributor

See this KB Article
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25186/kw/OLE%20excel/session/L3RpbWUvMTMxMj...
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand