Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task, Select Users, doesn't stick

Copper Contributor

Task, Select Users, doesn't stick

I have a user on a new database.  The only users at this time is him and myself as admin.  He is using tasks and when he views them it always shows an empty window because I come up as the user and I don't use Tasks in this database.  The manual tells me the last selection made by the user should stick and come up the next time he starts up ACT!  Any thoughts on why the User selected with Select Users isn't sticking?

Continued success,
Larry
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Task, Select Users, doesn't stick

Copper Contributor

That is how we are doing it now.  He uses the "Select Users" button at the top of the Task list but the next time he opens Tasks it has changed.

Continued success,
Larry

What version of ACT! (full build from Help | about)?

this was an issue in an early ACT! 2006 (8.0) build according to this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/2dp4qp
Copper Contributor

We are all running ACT! 2008 V10.0.1.199  I think this is the latest build.  Maybe we found a new bug.  It appears to be only on this one users computer however.  No one else has complained about it but I'm not sure anyone else is using the task list as he does.

Continued success,
Larry

lwarner wrote:
We are all running ACT! 2008 V10.0.1.199  I think this is the latest build.  Maybe we found a new bug.  It appears to be only on this one users computer however.  No one else has complained about it but I'm not sure anyone else is using the task list as he does.

10.0.2 has just been released. You could try updating to that and see if it help. You need EVERYONE to update (server first).

You can download the current patch from http://www.act.com/support/updates/index.cfm
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the info on the new release.  However, with 42 licensed users we don't upgrade without good cause and a detailed plan.  Unless there is some improvement we have to get we don't upgrade.  I'm currently in the process of defining a plan to move to a new server (once the data center gets past an outage to get more  power in there).  Once on the new server we will be moving from 4 databases to 2.  Once that is working we may look at the upgrade.

If I recall correctly, I could install the new version on the server adn then upgrade my remote users later.  Might take that approach.

Continued success,
Larry

You can share data between 10.0.0 and 10.0.1 on a LAN, but all users need to update if using sync

10.02 adds database schema changes that means all users need to update even if all on a lan