Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task Report doesn't show all tasks generated

Task Report doesn't show all tasks generated

We are using ACT Premium 10. We are not able to see all tasks that have been scheduled for individual users on a task report.  I can see all the tasks if I lookup the user, then hit task list, but when I try and print a task report, only a few of the tasks show up.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks.
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Task Report doesn't show all tasks generated

when you run the tasklist report, there is a window define filters
select the activities tab in this window, make sure you have the date range selected properly
in the general tab select all contacts
try to run this report and check

Thank you for your response, but I have tried this.  I make sure that the date setting is ALL, the type setting is ALL, the only field I define is the actual user.  I don't see any difference in how the tasks were entered either.  We are really stumped on this.  Any other suggestions?
Nickel Elite Contributor

lynns wrote:
Thank you for your response, but I have tried this.  I make sure that the date setting is ALL, the type setting is ALL, the only field I define is the actual user.  I don't see any difference in how the tasks were entered either.  We are really stumped on this.  Any other suggestions?

The user selection is your problem. A user selection on the General tab selects the contact records where the user is the record manager. A user selection on the Activities tab selects the activities where the user is the record manager. Depending on your selection of users on the two tabs, you can get four different results on the task list report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Copper Elite Contributor

hi,
what i believe is you must have selected all the users in the tasklist view
select tasklist view
in this window at the top there is a button select users
make sure you have this user selected
now check the number of tasks listed for the user
this should give us a clear picture

Thanks Roy, it is starting to make sense - we upgraded our ACT and since our previous version was so old, we had to actually import from a text file - the record manager is generally the administrator (me) since I am the one who did all the importing, etc.  Does this mean that each time one of our users schedules something (or if I schedule something for them) that I need to make sure that I make them the record manager?
Nickel Elite Contributor

All new items should schedule for the correct record manager.

Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Roy, it is still not working.  Our scenario.  I am administrator, and I show up as record manager on all contacts except for the 3 other "users".  I schedule meetings for the other users through the calendar choosing the contact person they are going to see and then chosing "schedule for" and putting the appropriate user name.  The other users also schedule for themselves too.  When I go the a particular user, the activities are not showing up under their activity tab.  We are all public, nothing private has been set.  If I hit the task button, several tasks for a particular user show.  If I go to that user's record, I only see 1.  If I print an activity or task report depending on what I choose under general or activity tab I see only 1 activity or 4 instead of the full list.  We each have the database on our had drive, then we sync through our server.  I checked the service data and it is the same as mine.
Copper Super Contributor

lynns,

We were having a similar issue in our setup (Act Prem 2005/v7). We have only one database and it's shared among all of our users.

In our organization we have recruiters and an administrative assistant. The recruiters schedule activities for the admin to send out business cards. This wasn't working when the "Schedule for" feature was used. Instead, we've had to select our admin in the "Schedule With:" part of the activity along with the contact receiving the card.
Nickel Elite Contributor

The activities on the individual users record should only be activities where they are the named contact. For example, if you scheduled a meeting for yourself with Joe, the activity would show up on Joe's contact record, not on yours but you would be the record manager for that activity. So if you schedule 10 activities with other contacts for Joe, the activities will show up on the contact's records but Joe will be the contact manager for the activities but none of the activities will show up on Joe's contact record.
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com