Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task Report doesn't show all tasks generated

Re: Task Report doesn't show all tasks generated

I'm having the same problem (task report only shows a few tasks), but I've checked my filters over and over and see no reason why the report isn't complete. As for tasks being linked to multiple users, I am the only user. Task List shows all tasks as "Scheduled For" me, but the report still is missing almost everything.

Most of my tasks are "timeless". Could this have an effect?

Platinum Elite Contributor

The user selection is likely your problem. A user selection on the General tab selects the contact records where the user is the record manager. A user selection on the Activities tab selects the activities where the user is the record manager. Depending on your selection of users on the two tabs, you can get four different results on the task list report.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

@Roy_Laudenslage wrote:

The user selection is likely your problem. A user selection on the General tab selects the contact records where the user is the record manager. A user selection on the Activities tab selects the activities where the user is the record manager. Depending on your selection of users on the two tabs, you can get four different results on the task list report.

This is not a user selection issue.

I’m on ACT!2010 and there seems to be a fault in the 'Date range' filtering on the Define Filters window when running the Task List report.

If ‘Include cleared activities’ is checked on the Activities tab of the Define Filters window then the report seems to use a different date field (possibly ‘Create/Last modified’ date) instead of the task due date to perform the date range filtering. As a result only tasks created in the past and up to today (nothing in the future) are shown on the Task List report.

What I’d like to see is consistency of results between the Task List filtering available from the NavBar and tasks listed on the Task List report (which shows the full details of each task).   Oh ... and some system testing as well please, Sage!

Coalhouse Walker

Copper Elite Contributor

A couple things to note:

I've tested on 2011, and have run the same report on 2010, without having the issue with the include cleared.  Can you check the following:

WHen you choose Report/Activities

On the General Tab:

Select All Contacts

Select All Users (for data managed by)

Uncheck Exclude User Record (as this will show activities scheduled with the user)

On Activities Tab:

Make sure all types are selected

Enter your date range

Try it with the include cleared activities checked and unchecked

What are the results?

Kris Lock

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com