Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task List - Needs more flexbility; more fields available - HELLO ACT! are you listening?

Task List - Needs more flexbility; more fields available - HELLO ACT! are you listening?

I'm not sure why more of the fields in ACT! contacts are not available for users to customize their task lists.  For example, I need the ID/Status field which is how we categorize our clients (hot, warm, cold, etc.), so that it saves me time from having to look in their record to see what their status is before I assist my advisers with their follow up calls (I don't call hot or warm leads).  Huge time suck having to go into each record to check before I determine if I can call the lead or need to leave that one to the adviser. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Task List - Needs more flexbility; more fields available - HELLO ACT! are you listening?

The task list is limited to the field in the activities table. Most contact table fields can't be displayed in the task list.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Task List - Needs more flexbility; more fields available - HELLO ACT! are you listening?

I can see that limitation.  But why can't it be upgraded to include information that is relevant?  "Status" is a huge part of the identity of a client....

Platinum Elite Contributor

That would require both a significant change to the database structure in addition to significant program changes. While I understand your desire to have the ID/status field available in the task list yours is the first time I seen that request. On the other hand I've seen many requests to have the phone field added to the task list.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Elite Contributor

Try this:  http://www.freeactaddons.com/free-addons/activity-id-status  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Graeme,

Your free add-on looks good.

However, could the ID/Status info be appended to the Regarding or Details field?

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org