Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tagging / Flagging / Grouping Companies

Tagging / Flagging / Grouping Companies

Hi,

I am running ACT 2010 Premium Version 12.1.181.0 Hot Fix 1

and am a complete newbie with this.

I was wondering if it is possible to somehow tag or flag companies and then run a report showing only those companies that have been tagged.

I would like to be able to "tag" a company as "interested" or "not interested" (as an example, but more tags would be used) and then run a report showing only those companies that have been tagged as "interested" with the contact details as well as a call back date.

i think I will be Ok with working out the report side of things, but i can see how I can "group" companies.

unless there is a better way to do it?

I did read this post though.

http://community.act.com/t5/ACT-Premium/Creating-Company-Groups-in-ACT-2010/m-p/66118#M15019
About grouping companies...but the suggestions was to make divisions.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Tagging / Flagging / Grouping Companies

Hello tigerpie,
Welcome to the ACT! Community. While there is not a method to physically group company records, you can use a field to indicate their status. You can create a new company field or use the existing Id/Status Field and just edit the dropdown values. You can then run a lookup on based on this field, then run your report on the Current Lookup.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.