Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tabs Duplicating

J G
Copper Contributor

Tabs Duplicating

Tabs.PNG

Act! v19

Happens on all computers (Server 2012r2, Windows10, and Windows7)

Using Jim Durkin's Impact Suite v8 (8.0.0.5)

Tabs are duplicating under Opportunities, any ideas how to fix? 

Administrator

Re: Tabs Duplicating

Hi J G,

Have you tested disabling Impact Suite to see if that makes any difference?
Do the tabs appear in the layout designer?
Does the issue occur in any other databases (i.e. the Demo DB)?
Bronze Elite Contributor

I have asked Jim Durkin to take a look at this forum item and respond.

J G
Copper Contributor

Duplicates do not show in the layout designer, but disabling Impact Suite does nothing. I have tried other databases, Demo DB works fine but other DBs still have the same issue.
Administrator

Hi J G,

Duplicate tabs are not an issue the team have seen before. I suspect the addon has something to do with the issue.

Could you test creating two new DBs, one while mpact Suite enabled, and one while it's disabled? Do either get the duplicated tabs?

I'm not familiar with Impact Suite, so I'm not sure how, or at what point it attaches itself to the database, and potentially makes a changes that causes this behaviour.
Bronze Elite Contributor

With respect to duplicating tabs on working with the layout editor, that on saving creates the duplicates will occur where an add-on is loading a custom tab. The design of Act! and managing of controls just doesn't accommodate custom tabs. In our developments of accounting products for Act! ,in the past we have spent time doing workarounds to stop it happening but a new release of Act! can break our best attempts. So we can have a continuous and annoying break, fix thing happening. The issue is overcome by just closing Act! and re-starting Act! and the tabs will restore without the duplication happening      

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

J G
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, closing Act! and reopening will fix the issue. But when your closing Act! 3 times every hour, and you hear your boss screaming down the hall because he is sick of it, we might be forced to explore other CRM options that allow for "true" customization. Hopefully, 19.2 will fix the issue!

Administrator

Hi J G,

From what Graeme has said, it sounds like the method that the add-on (Impact Suite) is using to add the custom tabs to the layout is causing the issue, and needs to be updated.

This behaviour isn't being tracked as an Act! defect currently, so no changes are planned around it in any upcoming updates of Act!

To me, it sounds like there is room for improvement in the SDK to implement some/better handling of custom interface tabs. I don't have any knowledge in this area, so this would be a matter for another thread in the Developers Lounge forum, or a third-party developer support.

Bronze Super Contributor

The duplicating tabs issue has been fixed in build 8.0.0.6 of Impact Suite posted last week

You can use this link to download build 8.0.0.6:

http://www.impactact.com/DownloadThankYou.aspx?file=ImpactV8_setup.exe

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

J G
Copper Contributor

Duplicating Tabs issue has resurfaced.

I can recreate the issue by opening opportunities, going into the detail view, making a change to a custom table, saving the opportunity and then switching to list view. When I go back into the detail view, the tabs are duplicated.