Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tab Stops not tabbing in order

Tab Stops not tabbing in order

I'm currently running "Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2". I'm having a problem with tab stops. I've cleared the tab stops and reset them to the order I want. No problem. Once I return to the contact layout the tab stops don't work in the correct order. As an example I've set the tab stops to go from the "ID/Status" (tab stop #17) on the contact layout to the first "field" (tab stop #18) on the "Guest Card" tab with the "Referred by" field being the last tab stop at #31. The problem is when I tab from "ID/Status" it goes to "Referred by"????? and then I have to tab 6 times to get to tab stop #18?????. This is driving me crazy. Please help! I've attached a screen shot below of the tab stop order I'm trying to achieve. Help would be truly appreciated.

JM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Tab Stops not tabbing in order

As you Tab through fields after #17 it goes to the lower Tabs panel view where you must right or left arrow to the Tab page or mouse click on tab you want and the proceeding tabs it goes through and when it reached the last value it will jump to your #31. 

Since you say you hit Tab 6 times till you get back to #31 see what Tab page your on change the pages and see if you hit 6 times for each?  When you clear tabs besure to clear for each Tab page view.

JM

Jim,

Thank you for your reply. Now I have a better understanding of how the tabs work. I understand how I need to select the lower tab title prior to tabbing thru the fields and it works and makes sense. To further clarify pressing the "tab multiple times concern" however I went back and paid closer attention to what was going on. In actuality when I am in tab stop field #17 and hit the tab button 5 times it actually selects the lower tab title which I still don't understand why. I tested this on each and every lower tab and it's consistent on every one. Why does this happen? I've cleared every tap stop on every tab prior to setting the new tabs. I don't understand where these 5 presses go for a lack of a better description. Also... when I press the tab button in tab stop #30 it does not go back to tab stop #31 in the contact information screen at the top. When I press the tab button twice and it takes me to tab stop #0.

JM
Nickel Contributor

lorissimo,

Don't consider the Tab number order to be consecutive, meaning at #17 when you hit Tab key again you would go to the lower section Tab Page with the next field numbered with #18 inside of it.  Infact you will go to #31 and the next Tab key hit jumps to the lower Tab page that is currently selected. Now from there if your a keyboard wiz you would hit the right/left key to move across to the desired Tab page then hit Tab key again to start moving through fields that have been numbered.  If you are on the Documents Tab Page view and you have three files each time you Tab key it drills you down and after the third one you jump back up to top half of contact screen field #0.

So where are those exta 5 hits going to confirm what Tab Page your on such as Web Info view that gives you Maps.Google.com you would be tabing through all of them before getting back to top Contact screen view.

Crazy after playing with it some more but you will have to roll with it based on my results as well.

JM