Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tab Stops - The "Tab Stops" order isn't cascading from one field to the next, when I click the tab button.

Tuned Listener

Tab Stops - The "Tab Stops" order isn't cascading from one field to the next, when I click the tab button.

I am Using ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 1, and have set up my Tab Stops in designer...but it isn't working like it did in past Versions of ACT!

In the Detail View, the page is split in half, with the lower half being the section with the tabs (Notes, Secondary Contacts, & some other tabs that I have created...etc.). When I set up the Tab Stops, I want there to be only one Tab Stop per field, and I want the Tab Stop Order to move from one field to the next when I hit the Tab key; depending on the Tab Stop Order...Right?  But that is NOT the way it is working!

When I assign the Tab Stops on the top half of the page, and continue assigning Tab Stops in the order that I want the Tab Stops to move through the fields (from the top half of the page, down to the tab sections on the lower half of the page)...the Tab Stop Order pays NO attention to the Tab Stops from the top half of the page down to the tabs...UNLESS I am on a specific tab.  In other words, I have created 4 tabs (each with data fields), and unless I have choosen one of those tabs, the Tab Stops won't move to that tab. But it will tab through the fields if I am on one of my tabs already. Which means I have to click on the next tab to be able to utilize the Tab Stops on that tab.

How can I assign Tab Stops to cascade from one to the next, REGARDLESS of where they are on the page?  I know this IS possible because that was the way I had it set up in Version 7.

Thanks for your help!

Rich

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Tab Stops - The "Tab Stops" order isn't cascading from one field to the next, when I click the tab button.

Thank you for participating in the ACT! Community. I have duplicated the issue you described and have reported it as an issue for further research. An update will be provided if the status changes or if an alternative work-around to this issue is identified. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.