Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TODAY Smart task issue

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

TODAY Smart task issue

The unresolved issue regarding Smart Tasks no longer working on date TODAY means another reasonable large ACT user is walking away. Is there no one at Swiftpage who thinks that 2 years is far to long to wait to fix this once working feature?

Copper Super Contributor

Re: TODAY Smart task issue

Good question! Next question! Who cares about quality...
Jan Teske
ACC
jbt consulting
Silver Contributor

I have been asked if Jan's answer has answered my question!

Well ACT design team does it?

Silver Contributor

I have been advised that the "Today" problem has not been scheduled to be resolved. It seems Smart Tasks is no longer regarded as a central plank in the various tools available for ACT users. I would understand this if there was an alternative to carry out the smart tasks functions but vey short sited to just let smart tasks wither on the vine approach which Swiftpage seems to have adopted.

If you don't see a denial by Swiftpage here then I leave it up to you to decide if the information I have received from a high level within the design team is true!

Copper Contributor

If I were in charge of ACT, I would have Technical  Employees monitoring these forums. They don't appear to care much about customer service or making their product work the way it is supposed to. 

Bad Form.

Copper Super Contributor

Cant help you with the TODAY smart task issue but can join in the rant that they just don't care!  I've been an act user since version 6! and I use smart tasks to contact my insurance clients by email or I had been until they withdrew legacy swiftpage email client which you could use with smart tasks!  I don't use emarketing - I don't do any e-marketing of any kind - I just want to send an email specific to the clients insurance account to ask them to do something.

By removing the link from smart tasks to a proper email client whole thing is now useless with no way of fixing - and before anyone says use AMA - it doubles my subscription and therefore each email costs £60 each!!!!

The reason they wont fix smart tasks is because they don't actually understand how and why most of us use it!!  Had a conversation with someone who was escalating complaints here in the UK and he said they were looking to "capture the micro/small business market rather than the big boys or those in sales force territory" - huh they have a funny way of doing it - we use Act properly - shame they cant be bothered to make  it work "properly"!!

Now looking for a coder who can connect my smart tasks to some sort of email client - shouldn't be rocket science but hey ho - might as well ask for the moon!!