Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

System out of Memory Exception

Copper Super Contributor

Re: System out of Memory Exception

You have any details on the specs of the PC's that are running the software? Is it users that are running it locally, or is this happening on the server?
Tuned Listener

This is happening on 4 of about 100 PC's, but these four users are "power" users, constantly pounding on ACT! all day.

Two of the four have 2 gb of ram and the other two have 3 gb. The 3 gb are Pentium Dual-Core 2.6 GHz and the 2 GB are Pentium Dual-Core 1.8 GHz. All are running XP Pro SP3. We are locally running and installed, but the database is on a server.

Tuned Listener

Anyone know if the recently released SP1 for ACT! 2011 fixes this?

Copper Contributor

I was the orignal one who created this post. I've worked with ACT level 2 reps for weeks and they cannot find a solution. I use ACT 2010 and problem is still happening across the office. It's a real PITA! Fix it ACT!!

-Alex
Serenity Group Insurance

I am having the same error on both workstations and the server. Everything is top of the line. Workstations are Dual core Pentiums, with 4 GB ram, and XP Professional. Server is a Quad core, 4 GB ram, server 2003, 1 GB LAN. Out of Memory, table had no primary key, object not set to a reference, etc. 2011 has been a major disappointment.
Mike Shannon, theforeclosureguy
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Mike,
There have been several different scenarios posted in this thread. When do your users most commonly experience this error? Are they accessing the windows database or the web database?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Error most commonly occurs when switching between the Contact detail view, and list view, following a lookup by address, or omitting contacts from a lookup in list view.
Mike Shannon, theforeclosureguy
Copper Contributor

Any update on this? 5 of my 20 pcs running ACT are throwing this error multiple times a day. 

This issue needs to be fixed soon before we consider other CRM software that actually works properly.

Tuned Listener

The same problem was happening with our system. We could do 5-7 lookups and then the system would give an out of memory mesage. We may have solved the problem. We would have 5-6 different web sites open at any given time and they were using up a lot of memory. Since we realized that a few days ago and limited the number of open web sites, we have not had the problem.

Copper Contributor

My users only use a messaging client, a phone client and act. act is using the memory, no other processes are using more than 100MB of memory.