Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

System out of Memory Exception

Copper Contributor

System out of Memory Exception

We are running ACT 2010 Pre, and lately we keep getting the error "syste.outofmemory Exception".  It happens once in a while throughout the day. I can't exactly Identify what is causing the error. This only happens once in a while to different computers. I looked tooke a look in the event viewer and it looks like it has something to do with the .NET Framework. Here is the error from the event viewer. Any help is appreciated, Thank You!

EventType clr20r3, P1 actsage.exe, P2 12.0.409.0, P3 4a92ff09, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4a7cd8f7, P7 41b3, P8 a3, P9 system.outofmemoryexception, P10 NIL.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

-Alex
Serenity Group Insurance
Copper Contributor

Re: System out of Memory Exception

Yes, I'm having the same issue throughout the day.
Copper Contributor

Can someone please help me with this issue. I ignored it for a while but its been happening more often lately. I have one CSR that happens at least 5 times a day!

-Alex
Serenity Group Insurance
Copper Elite Contributor

HI Alex

This is more and likely caused by emails sitting in the history queue waiting to be attached to ACT!

You can download Hot FIx 2 for Service pack 1 for ACT! 2010. That should resolve your issue please click on the link below to read what was fixed with the hot fix and to download it, make sure you have downloaded SP 1 and install that first if you haven't already, look towards the bottom of the KB to find out where to download SP 1

http://tinyurl.com/26ye9ek

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005
Copper Contributor

Thanks Kurt,

I will give this a try and keep you posted.

-Alex
Serenity Group Insurance
Copper Contributor

I updated every machine in the office to SP1 hotfix 2 everything was fine for that same day except for today. I had one machine give me the same error... Any other thoughts?

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : actsage.exe P2 : 12.1.181.0 P3 : 4b57de48

P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 4a7cd8f7 P7 : 41b3 P8 : a3

P9 : system.outofmemoryexception

-Alex
Serenity Group Insurance
Copper Elite Contributor

Alex,

How many unattached emails are still in the history queue, also please go to help about act and make sure the version reads 12.1.181.0 Hot Fix 2, I am wondering if the hot fix did not install correctly.

Please keep me posted

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005
Copper Contributor

Yes, that is correct. That is the exact same version.

-Alex
Serenity Group Insurance
Copper Contributor

Anyone else have any other thoughts?

-Alex
Serenity Group Insurance
Nickel Super Contributor

Hey Alex,

If you've already made sure you cleared out the history queue and installed the latest version and this is still giving you problems (5x a day is crazy) I'd probably consider taking the sledgehammer approach - uninstall ACT! and the .NET Framework, remove (or rename) the ACT! folders both in Program Files and Preferences and then reinstall.

Best regards,

Len

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training