Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

System out of Memory Exception

Copper Contributor

Re: System out of Memory Exception

Hi Len,

I dont believe I have any history in queue, but I dont know how to check it. Can you tell me how to clear the history in queue please.  Im on Version 12.1.181.0 Hot Fix 3. I would have to uninstall 35 computers, since they all have the same problem.

Thanks!

-Alex
Serenity Group Insurance
Platinum Super Contributor

Here is an article that describes the location of the History Queue: KB Article 26089

Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I received the same error while creating a Remote database. Under "Status" at the end of the remote database creation I received "Exception of type 'System.OutofMemoryException' was thrown". Database wasn't created. Should I apply the same remedies suggested above?

Copper Contributor

Sorry, I forgot to mention I am using ACT! 2011 Premium on an XP machine. It has plenty of RAM and hard drive space. My 2010 Premium worked just great but 2011 is nothing but trouble so far.

Copper Contributor

Here is a bit more detailed error 

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Server stack trace:

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)

at Act.Shared.Collections.DataList`1.AsyncInit()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)

at Act.Shared.Collections.DataList`1.FetchKeysAsyncHandler.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)

at Act.Shared.Collections.DataList`1.AsyncInitialFetchComplete(IAsyncResult ar)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.DoAsyncCall()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

-Alex
Serenity Group Insurance
Copper Contributor

I did a complete uninstall, removed all .net frameworks, removed all of the folders and I also installed ACT on a brand new PC with only ACT. Both Computers got the same error within a matter of hours. every single person in the office is getting this message every once in a while and others up to 12 X's a day!!  THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!! I AM ABOUT TO THROW THIS POS PROGRAM OUT THE WINDOW! PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU HAVE AN ANSWER

P.S- Why does Sage keep putting out new version of there software if they cant get the other version right. They are still coming out with hotfixes fold older version and coming up with new version. THAT IS POINTLESS, unless all they care about is ripping people off and making money!! 

-Alex
Serenity Group Insurance

Check your task manager on the server (all users) and look for w3wp.exe.  This was using up all of the server's resources.  We had to uninstall the outlook integration on all of our pc's.  Was hoping this was fixed in the 2011 version...it was a big part of why we went with ACT to begin with.

Copper Contributor

There is no w3wp.exe process running and we do not use outlook integration. The only thing i see using resources is sqlservr.exe, Its using 97% of CPU and 8,049,000K of Working Set (Memory) and 8,702,000K of Peak Working set (memory)

-Alex
Serenity Group Insurance
Copper Super Contributor

Anyone find a resolution to this issue?  I  have a database that pegs the sqlservr.exe process as well, after 5-10 minutes it cools down, but the initial login locks the server up pretty bad.  I recall having a similar issue when we were on ACT Premium for Web 2009, and I *think* a hotfix resolved the issue.  Now I upgraded from 2009 to 2011, and Im having this issue again.

thanks

Tuned Listener

I'm having this same issue with a hand-full of PC's. We're running Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2. This only happens to users who do a lot of look ups and note entry. We do NOT link outlook with ACT so that can't be the problem.

Here's my error:

The applicaiton has encountered and error and has been shut down. Would you like to report the error?

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Server stack trace:
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Capacity(Int32 value)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.EnsureCapacity(Int32 min)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at Act.Shared.Collections.DataList`1.AsyncInit()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
   at Act.Shared.Collections.DataList`1.FetchKeysAsyncHandler.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
   at Act.Shared.Collections.DataList`1.AsyncInitialFetchComplete(IAsyncResult ar)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.DoAsyncCall()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)