Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

System out of Memory Exception

Re: System out of Memory Exception

You will find that ACT is absolutely worthless when it comes to customer care.  They will run you around in circles for months and/or years and whenever you do get somebody to respond, it is always with "I don't know", "let me have somebody else get back to you" (for which they never do), or "that is somebody else's dept.".  You will never get help from them.

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi guys

If you receive this error when printing it could indicate that your preferences file is damaged.  Please see this KB article on how to rebuilt your preferences.

Cherie Buttsworth
ACT! Certified Consultant
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au

I read about the preference files being damaged.  Followed what it said but it didn't fix the problem.

It did help a little bit and I do want to stress "a little bit", but did not fix the problem.  Mind you, I did not

just do this myself, but did it with IT.  We even tried to uninstall ACT and re-install to no avail.

Copper Contributor

I have multiple computers with different OS' that get this message. It is not related to printing for my users. The more memory I put in the machine the less I see the error, still, I should not be seeing this with 4GB of memory in the computer.

It just appears that ACT is loading into memory any records that you pull up but it never releases those records even if you pulled up that record 30 minutes and 100 records ago. Once it hits the system memory limit, it crashes.

We will be looking at NetSuite since ACT is failing and has no resolutions or ETA's on a fix.

It's not just a matter that ACT does not look into the matter.  They will not even attempt to help

you with this problem or any other problem.  They also would like to charge you for a bunch

of "I don't knows" from them.  Why should we be charged for something that should be working

right in the first place.

As a rule, ACT if alright.  It is the Customer Service that makes me turn anybody away from

ACT.

i don't understand why they won't help... its mind boggeling...

Copper Contributor

Any updates on this?

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

[ Edited ]

I experience several memory errors and today alone, received 3 different errors and had to reboot my PC every single time.   We are running Premium 2013, V 15.1.108.0, Hot fix 4.   I am a power user (my main role is to administer ACT) and  I seem to be the only one experiencing memory issues. These constant memory errors have caused a lot of frustration and loss of time.  I also receive Transport-level errors.   It's EXTREMELY frustrating and so I thought I would look on the ACT community to see if there was a solution.  It's pathetic to see that many others are having this issue and yet no one from support has provided a solution, let alone even responded. 

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Fragome

Are you able to give a little more information on what is happening for me please?

1. What is the exact error message that you recieve
  2. What were you trying to do at the time you recieved the error
  3. is it a different error message each time or the same one
  4. What version OS is your computer running

Thanks.

Cherie Buttsworth
ACT! Certified Consultant
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au
Astute Commentator

Thanks for your reply. 

1. What is the exact error message that you recieve - I have received different error message such as "Out of memory at line:1"; "Exception of type 'System,OutOfMemoryException was thrown"; "Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program"; "A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server - The semaphore timeout period has expired"; AND a very long memory error message which begins with "Failed to create view Act.UI.ITaskView: System.OutOFMemory Exception"...followed by about 40 lines of RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad errors.
  2. What were you trying to do at the time you recieved the error - Seems to vary.  Trying to open the calendar, view a contact, view tasks.
  3. is it a different error message each time or the same one - I have received the "Out of memory at line:1" several times as well as the insufficient memory and system out of memory exceptionOnce I receive an insufficient memory error, I have to reboot my PC or ACT just hangs. 
  4. What version OS is your computer running - Window 7 Home Premium Edition with 4GB Ram and a 32 Bit OS with 155 GB of HD space. 

I have found over the course of the last few months that errors have become more frequent and in addition,  opening ACT as well as Outlook can take about 10 minutes to load each morning.  I timed it this morning and it took 12 minutes. We do use Outlook integration and it has become painfully slow and seems to get slower and slower as times goes on.   Even to compose a new message, it can take a minute or two for the new message window to open. 

In addition to ACT and Outlook, I may have a Word doc and Excel spreadsheet open, but I don't typically run a lot of programs at one time.  

Thanks for your help.

P