Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Syncing with Google Calendar erases appointments in ACT

MPG

Syncing with Google Calendar erases appointments in ACT

Is thee anyway to make it so syncing with Google calendar does not erase ACT appointments?  If not is therer a hot fix or addin to fix this issue.   Basically I want iformation to go out of ACT but Google having no rights to delete in ACT to keep that data sacred!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Syncing with Google Calendar erases appointments in ACT

I've seen this a few times and no-longer sync to Google ... I think it was mainly when Google is then sync'd to a phone or other device - are you doing that?
MPG

Google does sync with my Iphone.  I just want nothing to change my ACT info.  Only the info from ACT go to Google.

Unfortunately, the sync can't go only one way and it's the sync with the iPhone that most likely is causing the problem.

If you want to sync ACT! to the iPhone, the best way is via Handheld Contact - www.HandheldContact.com

[ Edited ]

Hello MPG,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. This is working as designed. A sync, by its nature, will update a change from either side. A suggestion, since you are also syncing with your iPhone, would be to not delete any Google activities from you phone or from Google. Only clear/erase activities from ACT!. You also may want to enable the Google calendar integration preference in ACT! to delete Google calendar items when they are cleared in ACT!.

If you would like to see a change in this sync function for consideration in an update or future release, please submit your request to our product managers by posting it in the "Share Your Ideas" board in this forum.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.