Do you mean 

Syncing mobile to new desktop layout

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Syncing mobile to new desktop layout

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

one of our employees has a mobile version of Act!, and it doesn't have the Tools > Synchronize Database > Synchronize Now buttons available. We recently made changes to the layout of our Act! - how can the employee sync so that they get the new layout as well? I've attached a picture of what his interface looks like.

Thanks!

Tina

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author TinaA
‎07-11-2017 08:31 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Syncing mobile to new desktop layout

Maybe...  in addition to web access, your user also has a remote database, then I suggest to the user... open this version installed on that user computer and try to do synchronization...

If the Act!  server is in your office...  Remember the daily DATABASE back up  and place a copy of this ZIP file on a USB stick or External Disk for more security

Also keep in a safe place notes with the user and password of the database administrator

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi Tina,

From your screenshot, I can see the user in question is using Act! Premium for Web though an internet browser. This means that there is no need for them to synchronize databases, and contact data and layouts etc. should be accessible instantly as soon as they are created. They should be able to select the newly created layout by clicking on the button I've highlighted in the below screenshot: 

chrome_2017-07-11_15-48-33.png

If the new layout name has not appeared in this list, please make sure:

• The layout exists on the server hosting Act! Premium for Web
  • You have restarted IIS after adding the layout
Copper Contributor

Hi Gary,

I'm not sure if I'm using the right word for a new layout - basically we contacted Act! and they added new fields (Catalogue sent - checkbox, date sent) to the detail view for our contacts. Does what you're suggesting still apply?

Thanks!

Tina

Solution
Accepted by topic author TinaA
‎07-11-2017 08:31 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Maybe...  in addition to web access, your user also has a remote database, then I suggest to the user... open this version installed on that user computer and try to do synchronization...

If the Act!  server is in your office...  Remember the daily DATABASE back up  and place a copy of this ZIP file on a USB stick or External Disk for more security

Also keep in a safe place notes with the user and password of the database administrator

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Administrator

Hi Tina,

My suggestions are still correct. Are you a customer of Act! Premium Cloud?