Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Syncing emails to a contacts History in ACT database

Syncing emails to a contacts History in ACT database

I am a new user of Sage ACT and most interested in the history that now allows syncing of emails to the appropriate contacts. It is suppose to  attach a email history to those contacts  in ACT.  Mine is not Syncing. 

I have asked our rep and the disgnosis its that 'somehow this function is turning off. It looks like some internal conflict making the atuomatic sync function of outlook Disable this freature" 

Best described as,  When we Enable  so emails to sync it seems fine.  We then shut down both programs to have the begin to coorispond and for whatever reason outlook disables this function?? Not sure why /what possible conflicts we are having? 

My ACT is ACTPRO 2012, Outlook is 2007 and Operating system is XP.

Any Ideas what is happening and how to resolve?

THANKS, Josh   

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Syncing emails to a contacts History in ACT database

Hello Josh,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

To troubleshoot add-on conflicts within Outlook, you'll want to disable all of the add-ons (except for ACT!) and then test closing/reopening to see if the ACT! add-on will remain enabled.

If it will remain enabled, then it will be a process of re-enabling 1 or 2 Outlook add-ons at a time and test. This will show which add-on is in conflict and you can determine at that point if it is a necessary add-on or if it can remain disabled.
Greg Martin
Sage

Greg, thanks for your note!  Do you have a step by step instruction on how to disable all the add-ins?

Here is an article with the instructions, look for the section 'Disable 3rd Party Add-ins': KB Article 23022

Greg Martin
Sage

We disabled all   add-in’s except Act and the Act add-in is still is disabled.  No other add-ins are conflicting??

In the same article, have a look at the steps to check the 'Load Behavior' for the add-ins.
Greg Martin
Sage

this is a little to much for me...I will show it to my IT people and let you know if it helps.  Thanks!