Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Syncing between home and office - activities and to-do's getting "reset"

Copper Contributor

Syncing between home and office - activities and to-do's getting "reset"

Hi, I'm syncing my home computer and work computer with the same database.  My home computer actually has the main database and the office has the remote database.

My problem:  This morning, I come into the office and I need to power through my "to-do" list in activities.  I start with about 42, same as my home database, and end up with about 7 remaining (either by reschedulling most of them or by clearing the activity).  However, after I sync, they all get reset on the remote database and don't change on the master database.

In fact, I just tried changing one to-do from today to tomorrow, then synced, and it's back to today.  

All other data is getting synced properly.  What is going on?  This is killing my productivity.

Copper Contributor

Re: Syncing between home and office - activities and to-do's getting "reset"

Actually, it seems the status of the to-do's on the main database is constantly overwriting the ones on the remote database and any changes to the to-dos on the remote database are not being recognized by the main database.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Syncing between home and office - activities and to-do's getting "reset"

I'll bet you have automatic rollover of activities turned on. In your sync environment you must have automatic  activity rollover turne off.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129