Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Syncing Icloud from Outlook

Syncing Icloud from Outlook

I am using Outlook on my PC, but also have IPAD adn Iphone and use the iCloud to keep them all in sync.  With this, Outlook does not store my contacts on my PC anymore or my calender, they are stored in teh cloud.  I would like to sync these with ACT 2012, but cannot figure out how to do it.  I have gone into list mode and copied the iCloud calendar and contacts back into thier respective Outlook folders and sync with ACT...but then it duplicates EVERYTHING in ACT...including my 1100 plus contacts.  I keep restoring my database to clear that back out.  So this method is not working.  Any ideas?

I would be happy to do it this way if there was a setting in ACT that would not allow duplicates to be copied from Outlook.  The sync between Outlook and ACT is NOT clean.  When my old Blackberry would use the Blackberry software to sinq between the phone and computer, it would sinq both ways so info was updated to or from the phone and no duplication.  But Outlook/ACT sinq does not work that way it appears.  There is a box to check to sinq Outlook contacts and changes.  This should be seperated so it ONLY looks for changes and not re-copy all contacts.

I think MAYBE this can be avoided using sync sets.  But I cannot figure out how to make it select these.  Plus....I want ACT to pull in changes from Outlook...and only changes or additions.  When I am with a client, I may add a contact or cell phone number.  With the iCloud, that info automatically updates in my Iphone and iCloud contact list on my PC because it is in the cloud.  So...now I need that update to be available to ACT. 

This is getting very frustrating and tempting me to dump ACT as my CRM software after only 2 weeks of using it.  I have Connect...but it does not offer much info and is messy when using with IPAD and Iphone as you can only access via a browser and minimal info is availalbe.  Would be better if it was a full blown app where I could update opportunities and input more info, not just see a celendar and contact...I can do that with my standard calendar and contact info that is linked in iCloud. 

Thanks for any input!

Brad

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Syncing Icloud from Outlook

Handheld Contact is the only really clean way to sync ACT! to mobile devices.... you should try it
http://bit.ly/actmobile

Re: Syncing Icloud from Outlook

Brad, were you able to get this to work?  I'm having the same issues and wondering if I should drop ACT.