Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Syncing Contacts with Outlook 2007 - Was Working - Sudden Error Message Now During Every Sync Attempt

Syncing Contacts with Outlook 2007 - Was Working - Sudden Error Message Now During Every Sync Attempt

Hello!

My contacts had been syncing to Outlook 2007 without issue. Suddenly, I am now receiving an error message from the ACT Integration Service saying contacts were not synced. There have been no known changes to my Outlook Profile or ACT Database.

I am running ACT! Premium 2013 Version 15.1.108.0. Have had no other issues that the one above.

When I go into the TOOLS>SYNCHRONIZE WITH OUTLOOK>OUTLOOK SYNC PREFERENCES>SYNCHRONIZE CONTACTS TAB

I have everything checked, as it has always been it shows there are a total of 587 contact to sync. I have the box checked for keeping changes to ACT Contact instead of Outlook Contact.

Below is the error that is occurring:

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

I know some it is cut off but I figured for you experts out there that would probably be enough to get me moving in the right direction. Any and all help is appreciated! And like I said it was working fine now suddenly this error overtime ACT tries to sync. For the record, my calendar syncs without issue.

Re: Syncing Contacts with Outlook 2007 - Was Working - Sudden Error Message Now During Every Sync Attempt

cparker407,

Thanks for the screenshots, they are very helpful when trying to troubleshoot an issue like this.  On that first line, the last bit that is cut off says 'c:\users\'  If I can get that file path, it would be very helpful in troubleshooting this issue.  Think you can generate the error again?

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com

Re: Syncing Contacts with Outlook 2007 - Was Working - Sudden Error Message Now During Every Sync Attempt

Here is an additional screen shot for what you requested. I hope you can help, I still haven't figured it out.

Capture.PNG

Okay, that error number equates to error number: 0x80004005.

Microsoft has this as a general "Operation Failed" error message, but do you happen to have Norton Antivirus installed?

Billy Clark
Swiftpage

Yes Norton is installed on this computer.

Bill

I looked again this morning, I am actually running Symantec End Point Protection on this computer, same company but want to sbe specific so we can get to the bottom of this error. I really need to get this fixed.

Can you try disabling end-point?

Restart Act! afterwards and test out your contact sync again.  Once you have results, post them here.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage