Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Syncing Contacts Outlook : Error + Taking Long Time

Copper Contributor

Syncing Contacts Outlook : Error + Taking Long Time

Whenever I execute the Tools/Sync Contacts To Outlook feature, I get an error saying "not configured for this operating system".  I click OK and the syncing begins anyways.  However, it's taking over an hour, sometimes two to complete.  I check the log, no errors.  I'm wondering if its really syncing - suppose I could test that.

I'm running v17.2 Premium with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016.  Any ideas/suggestions how to resolve this issue? 

Thanks

Copper Contributor

Re: Syncing Contacts Outlook : Error + Taking Long Time

Anyone have any suggested solutions I could try to resolve the slow syncing?  It seems every time I sync contacts with outlook (1-way to Outlook From act) an error message pops up "not configured for this operating system", I close out the error and Act continues to execute the sync but it takes well over an hour sometimes two hours.

Is there a way to reset the syncing options altogether to see if it'll resolve it? I tried deleting the preferences file before and re-initiating the syncing but seems not to be executing properly or timely.  

Administrator

Re: Syncing Contacts Outlook : Error + Taking Long Time

[ Edited ]

Hi Jag,

The error message you mention, is it in fact "The operating system is not presently configured"?
We have a Knowledgebase article for this: http://kb.internal.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38221

As for the speed, how big is your database? How many contacts are you syncing? Does it also happen with another database/outlook profile?