Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Syncing ACT! with 2 different email accounts simulataneously

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

Syncing ACT! with 2 different email accounts simulataneously

I'm currently using ACT! Premium V.18 on my Windows PC with Windows 10 Pro installed. I sync it with my personal gmail account, but I also want to sync it with my MS Outlook 365 (local), using a business email address that is different than my gmail address.

Can I link BOTH of the above accounts to ACT! or must I choose between one or the other?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author juliansdad
‎01-30-2017 04:17 PM
Administrator

Re: Syncing ACT! with 2 different email accounts simulataneously

Hi Juliansdad,

While this is technically possible, it might not be suitable for what you're trying to achieve. If you were to integrate both Outlook and Gmail, and synchronise calendars with both, then you would not be able to decide on an activity-by-activity basis which calendar the activity should sync to. All activities would be synced with all calendars (not really ideal if you're trying to separate work and personal activities). Contacts would also be synced between all 3 address books.

If you are also integrating Outlook and Gmail together separately from Act (i.e. perhaps you have Gmail syncing into Outlook already, or using some other connection utility) then this is likely to cause duplicates and is not recommended.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Elite Contributor

As far as I am aware you can but it runs a high risk of creating duplicates. Will leave fuller answer to someone who has tried it as I have always been wary of syncing emails with 2 different systems in ACT.

Solution
Accepted by topic author juliansdad
‎01-30-2017 04:17 PM
Administrator

Hi Juliansdad,

While this is technically possible, it might not be suitable for what you're trying to achieve. If you were to integrate both Outlook and Gmail, and synchronise calendars with both, then you would not be able to decide on an activity-by-activity basis which calendar the activity should sync to. All activities would be synced with all calendars (not really ideal if you're trying to separate work and personal activities). Contacts would also be synced between all 3 address books.

If you are also integrating Outlook and Gmail together separately from Act (i.e. perhaps you have Gmail syncing into Outlook already, or using some other connection utility) then this is likely to cause duplicates and is not recommended.
Astute Commentator

Thanks to both of you for your advice.

I'll have to choose which account is more important to use with ACT!