Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronizing Companionlink with a Remote Database

Copper Elite Contributor

Synchronizing Companionlink with a Remote Database

Would it work to setup Sync with a remote database using Companionlink? The end user is running ACT! 2010 Premium 12.1 SP1. 

Companionlink support danced around the question.  After asking a few times I thought someone here might be able to shed 

some light on the issue.  The other option is installing on the Terminal Server but if it is at all possible I would rather install locally.

Thanks for any assistance you can pass my way.

Re: Synchronizing Companionlink with a Remote Database

Hi there!

CompanionLink can sync with a remote database as long as you have ACT! installed on your local machine, and ACT! is interfacing with that remote database. All you have to do is configure CompanionLink to point to the correct database file. More info on selecting the database here http://www.companionlink.com/support/quickhelp_answers_6_1.html#q3 

If you do not have ACT! installed on your local machine, CompanionLink can be installed on the server, but then you're limited to wireless sync (no USB sync).

I hope this answers your questions!

Kaena Miller
CompanionLink Software

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Synchronizing Companionlink with a Remote Database

Thank you Kaena,

This does help clarify.  With this as an option it will come in handy when travelling.

When in a meeting where bringing a laptop wouldn't work like a dinner meeting he

could still use his phone to record important details.  Once back at the hotel he could

sync with his remote database and generate a mailmerge right there rather than

having to wait until getting back to the office to sync.  Being able to generate a faster

response will likely translate into landing more deals and not letting prospects slip

through the cracks.  Using remote databases too has always been an advantage

that ACT! has had over others that make their customers pay extra each month

for offline access to their own data.