Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronizing Activities starts then hangs with Outl

Synchronizing Activities starts then hangs with Outl

Sage ACT! Premium 2013 Version 15.1.108.0

Outlook 32bit Version 14.0.6129.5000

Windows 7

I work on a remote database that syncs with the publisher database, I have Admin rights

Activity Sync'  has been working fine, until I replaced my remote database with a new one to try and get rid of other ACT! problems (opportunity data not syncing correctly). Now I don’t know whether the "other" problems are fixed but this is a new one.

1. I removed all the Activities from both clanders, worked fine.I then tried to Synchonize Act! activities with Outlook,  if failed.
  2. I realised that in the Outllok Sync' Preferences I was still pointing to the old database.pad file
  3. I changed the Outlook Sync' Preferences to point at the current pad file.
  4. I then tried to Synchonize Act! activities with Outlook. It connects to Outlook then starts to Sync, a couple of entries appear in my Outlook calendar, then the progress bar stops and doesn't go any further. I have waited for over an hour but didn’t complete.

ANYONE ANY IDEAS??????

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Synchronizing Activities starts then hangs with Outl

It may be due to the amount of data being synced, or a corrupt activity.

Try reducing the time frame for the activity sync to it's lowest setting, then sync. Does it complete? If yes, increase the time frame and attempt sync. Repeat this to acceptable time frame.
Greg Martin
Sage