Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronizing ACT! Premium 2006 with a standard ACT! 2006 database

Synchronizing ACT! Premium 2006 with a standard ACT! 2006 database

I joined a new company and already have ACT! Premium 2006 on my laptop.  The company I joined uses standard ACT! 2006 (there are only 2 of us at the company syncing to a server).  Can I create a remote database in standard ACT! 2006, unpack and restore on my laptop in  ACT! Premium 2006 and then sync to the company server???

I tried to do this and was able unpack and restore the remote database created in standard ACT! 2006 utilizing ACT! Premium 2006 on my laptop without any trouble but when I go to sync I get the error: "Failed to synchronize with the server. Database versions are not compatible. Contact your administrator for assistance."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks all!

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Synchronizing ACT! Premium 2006 with a standard ACT! 2006 database

Hi,

Unfortunately you can not sync and ACT! Premium database to an ACT! Standard database. You would either need to downgrade or the other users would need to upgrade to premium. 

So just to clarify, the company server is running ACT!, the only machine with ACT! Premium is my laptop.  You are saying that ACT! Premium on a local machine with an ACT! databse unpacked and restored does not have the capability to sychronize with an ACT! server?
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Bhpagani wrote:
You are saying that ACT! Premium on a local machine with an ACT! databse unpacked and restored does not have the capability to sychronize with an ACT! server?
That's it!

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }
Platinum Elite Contributor

Bhpagani wrote:
So just to clarify, the company server is running ACT!, the only machine with ACT! Premium is my laptop.  You are saying that ACT! Premium on a local machine with an ACT! databse unpacked and restored does not have the capability to sychronize with an ACT! server?
All users must be on the same version of ACT! to share a database - LAN or sync