03-31-2015 01:12 PM
I am using Network Sync on v17 with a number of remote databases. Companies were all created in the master database. I checked the security there and they are all public as far as I can tell.
On the remote user database, all the companies are limited and the user can't access anything that he is not record manager on.
Is this normal? Is sync broken for companies? Not sure how to go about fixing.
04-01-2015 07:01 AM
question: The user synchronizes frequently? What type of user is the remote user on the server?
04-01-2015 06:10 PM
OK, is the Sync Sert defined as Synchronize all available contacts..??
Answer ID 14072 - How to Manage Remote Database Sync Sets in ACT!
This dialog box allows you to define the contacts that are synchronized with this Sync Set:
After testing with the change in the Sync-Set you may need to recreate the remote database or create a new one with a different name
04-02-2015 11:40 AM
No, we are using a Sync Set for each of the remote databases. We definitely do not want to syncronize all available contacts.
The security for the contacts is transferring properly, but the security for the companies is changing from Public to Limited when sent down to the remote database.
04-03-2015 02:17 PM
Some more information and some results of testing. This appears to be a definite bug in the Act! automatic company creation process / Sync process with remote databases:
I created a new sync set and created a remote database. Restored the remote database on a system here and syncronized to the main database. At this point, the permissions on the companies are correctly set - All are set to Public.
I created a company in the master database automaticly via Company Preferences. (Note: 99.5% of the companies were created automatically). This company shows Access Level set to public in the master DB.
I synchronized from the remote DB- the company shows in Company detail view but isgreyed out.
I changed the record to limited, then synced. Changed it back to public, then synched. It now appears public in the remote DB!
Repeated the process. This time I tried doing an update to public from list view. Did a sync. Record was still limited.
Edited the individual record. Changed to limtied. Synced. Changed to Public. Synched. Now public in remote DB.
Onto something here ...
Changed some records from Public to Private, and then back again to Public on the master DB. Synched one of the other problem remotes. Records are now (correctly) public!
It appears that the originally created company records have security information that will not properly synchronize to the remote databases.