Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization

Synchronization

hello people,

I have challenges with creating the remote database while synchronizing, am using Act sage premium 2009.

I would be very grateful if i get someone to help me out with synchronization process.

thanks

jeanton
JM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Synchronization

[ Edited ]

You have to do some reading to know how it all works so you can maintain and problem solve the remote sites as time goes on. I suggest you go to ACT Customer Support KB page login and Search based on ACT! by Sage Family of Products, to 2009 Family of Products, to Synchronization leave Search by Keyword blank than hit find you will have a few pages to look over with some on first page that walk you through it.  You need to decide on Internet or Network Sync. I use Network Sync and setup Free Hamachi by Logmein.com to setup a VPN network because I can chat with remotes, file browse and even with logmein Free control the PC's incase there are ACT! configuration/support needs the user require your help off site. But you could skip it and setup the router for Port Forwarding port 65100.

How to Create a Remote Database

Good luck,

JM

Message Edited by dlunceford on 06-23-2009 03:38 PM

Thanks, but i still can't complete the synchronization set up on the main server. when it gets to the part where am to select and link the remote database to the main database, when i select the location of the remote database on the network, i get an error report that says wrong path address, even when i use the browse icon there to locate the remote database.

pls i need serious help.

jeanton

JM
Nickel Contributor

I understand your question a little better sounds like you can't even create remotes. I suggest to rule out it is not your contact DB (database) to open the demo ACT! DB, do File Save Copy As to play around with and not damage the original Demo DB.  Then from Synchronization Panel enable sync set, setup the management set than the remotes. 

JM

Platinum Elite Contributor

It's not real clear just when you are seeing the problem but it sounds like you are trying to save the remote database to a network drive. If so, try saving it to a local drive.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
JM
Nickel Contributor

I agree with Roy we are not sure where your at and given your location and time zone I'll throw these out so you can state what you have done and checked readintthe ACT! support KB site. 

KB ID# 21416 (Knowledge Answer) did you install Network Sync Service this covers ACT! 10 but good enough for 11.0.

KB ID# 14072  Create Sync set.

KB ID# 14116 are you running Vista and turned off UAC? and how to create remote DB.

KB ID# 19640 covers firewall and other security settings issues

ID#  20196 also at bottom Failed to create remote DB Access to Path.. 

ID# 21645 at end of other page page leads you to topic on Failed to create Remote DB When using Vista

ID# 12332 its a streach topic on ACT! 6.0 days How to Share an ACT! DB on Local LAN.