Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Synchronization

I am having a problem synchroniziong databases between the parent and remote machines. On either machine can you click onm the Synchronize Now button - it is greyed out. Both machines have a check marked box for Accept Incoming Syncs.

They had been working previously.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stems
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Synchronization

Hello Stems,

By looking at the picture below the database you want to open is Remote_ACT2006, so what I think you're doing is opening up the 2012 demo by mistake.

PLease note the location of the database by looking at the path coulom, then go into ACT! go into open database and browse to your database location.

This should solve your issue

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Super Contributor

Both can't have "accept incoming syncs" checked.  One is the master/main/mama database -- it is the one that accepts incoming syncs.  The other database must be the remote/subscriber/baby database.  It is the one that does all the work.  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for your response. I know that the parent machine is supposed to be checked for "Accept Incoming Syncs" but the remote machine will not allow me to click on the "Synchronize Now" button. It is greyed out and I do not know to resolve the problem.

As always,

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Stems,

It sounds like you maybe opening the wrong database on the remote computer, you can check if the database is a publisher or subscriber in the help menu of ACT!

On the machine that you say is the subscriber, click on help, then scroll down to about act, left click on that, then on the bottom right of the box that pops up, you should see database information, click on that, scroll down toward the bottom, you should see Sync Role- in the current value box it should say subscriber

can you have a look and let me know what you see?

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Hello Kurt,

I followed your directions and the box next to sync role is blank. How do I correct this problem?

Thank you,

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Stems,

It sounds like you opening the wrong database, do a search for *.adf on you machine, how many do you find?

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Hi Kurt,

I did the search with *.adf and got the reply "There are no results to display".

Regards,

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Stems,

I am assuming that you are running either windows Vista or 7

If so click in the start or windows button, in search box type actdiag and then hit enter, hit OK when the dialog box comes up, once you have actdiag up, click on the word databases, then click on database list, this will list all the database's on the machine as well as tell you if they are syncing or not, it will also list the path to the databases,

Do this and tell me what you see

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Hi Kurt,

I am running Windows XP Pro

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Stems,

In that case click on the start button, then click on run, then type actdiag and then hit enter.

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann