Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization with Outlook suddenly stops working.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Synchronization with Outlook suddenly stops working.

Ok, if I upgrade to Outlook 2016 and use only a version that will work with Act! should my sync problem go away?
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

OK - figured out what was happening.  Your knowledge base fix rolls back to an older version of Outlook.  But, when Windows updated, it was updating Outlook as well.  For now I have turned off application updates.  Obviously that is not a long term fix.  Act needs to keep up.  

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi ecbuck1

Good to hear you've solved the issue. In this particular case, it is Microsoft themselves recommending the rollback. Please see their acknowledgement of this issue which is affecting other software, and not just Act!, in their support article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3178906/icloud-crashes-when-synchronizing-data-with-outlook...

Microsoft have indicated that there will be a fix included in a future update of Outlook, which will remove the requirement to run an older version.

There are also plans for the Outlook integration components of Act! to be updated to improve reliability.

Highlighted
Administrator

@RickyRay wrote:
Ok, if I upgrade to Outlook 2016 and use only a version that will work with Act! should my sync problem go away?

Hi RickyRay,

Without knowing the root cause of the issue you're experiencing, I couldn't say for sure.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Act! Premium v19.2 seems to have fixed my sync problem. I scheduled Maintenance to run at 9:30 pm and Act! Integration to run at 10:00 pm., no crash. Very excited!!!