Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization with Outlook suddenly stops working.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Synchronization with Outlook suddenly stops working.

Tried all the fixes there and still fails on sync.  Got this error message:

Unable to retrieve all sync sets.  Unable to get Group Dynamic Criteria.  An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged on to a database.  Please log on to a database first.

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi ecbuck1,

Are these 3 separate error messages?
Are you getting them one after another?
When exactly are you getting them?

I'd suggest trying the steps in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26992
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

The first time I try a manual sync after doing your knowledge base suggestions (the last one and the one a couple of days ago) I get a windows notification that there was a failure and a chance to look a the sync log.  That is where I see the error message referenced  earlier. That whole message shows in one error message.  On subsequent sync effort  only only get a notification that act.integration has stopped working.  

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi ecbuck1,

Please could you confirm what the full build number is for the Outlook version you have installed? Check in File > Office Account > About Outlook.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Build # 7967.2161

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi ecbuck1,

That build has been identified to cause problems with Act's Outlook integration. Please read over the solution detailed in the following Knowledgebase article carefully and follow the steps within: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580
If you need help with this, I'd suggest working with your IT people, or contacting us about our support plans.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I am using Outlook 2010, version 15063 and having the same problem. Any fixes for this Outlook version yet?
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi RickyRay,

Your particular issue is quite different behind the scenes to that affecting 2016, and is likely an entirely different cause. Some further troubleshooting, ideally over the phone is needed to track down the cause. The work you've already done in this thread (event viewer and integration logs) are useful, but don't specifically highlight the issue. I would point any technician you speak to towards this thread so they can take advantage of this work already done.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Sorry, I gave you my Office build rather than Outlook build.  Outlook build is 16.0.7927.1024

Tried that knowledge base a while back when you recommended it.  No improvement.  

Highlighted
Administrator

The outcome of the steps in Knowledgebase article is to get your Outlook to downgrade to a known working build version (i.e. 16.0.4229). Since we know this hasn't happened, this suggests that the steps weren't followed correctly. I'd suggest you give them another try.