Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization with Outlook suddenly stops working.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Synchronization with Outlook suddenly stops working.

[ Edited ]
I delete the scheduled backup and maintenance tasks, then exit the Act! Scheduler in the Hidden Icons, and finally reboot the PC to get Act! Integration back into Task Manager. I will keep trying! Thanks, John
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I using Act! Premium Version 19.1.63.0, with Windows 10 My scheduled Act! synchronization with Outlook calendar and contacts stops working on my local PC when I have Act! Scheduler set to run either a backup or maintenance scheduled to run at a specified date and time. The error message reads "Act! Integration Service has Stopped Working and will close." This error has been going on in several previous versions! See Attachment
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi John,

Please can you confirm that this error occurs only when the Act! Scheduler runs a backup or maintenance task, and not when Act! is performing a scheduled Outlook contact or calendar sync?

Please could you check in Windows Event Viewer under Windows Logs > Application, and look for any errors recorded around the time the issue occurred. Post the details of these so we can review them.

What version of Microsoft Outlook are you using? Check in File > Office Account > About Outlook? Please post the full build info.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

The error only occurs when I have either Scheduler backup or maintenance scheduled to run and have scheduled Integration of Outlook contact and calendar to sync . Using Outlook 2010, 14.0.7177.5000 (32-bit) Here is what I found in the error log. Windows Event Viewer under Windows Logs > Application: There were 3 identical errors. - System - Provider [ Name] Bonjour Service - EventID 100 [ Qualifiers] 0 Level 2 Task 0 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2017-03-30T15:52:16.968989100Z EventRecordID 587019 Channel Application Computer DESKTOP-D5F0L1J Security - EventData Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 1421
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi John,

How often are you running these scheduled tasks?
Are your scheduled backups or maintenance running around the same time as the scheduled Outlook sync? If so, try staggering them apart.

If the issue persists after this, I think it would be best to speak to a support technician over the phone so that some further in-depth troubleshooting can be done.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

None of the events are scheduled to run close to the same.time. I have spoken to countless TS people and they can't help either. Every so often I format my hard drive. The next time I do it, I will install Office first then Act! and schedule events before I install any thing else. Thanks for trying, John KIlpatrick
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Here are the apps. I have installed in addition to Act! Premium Version 19.1.63.0, Update 2 and Office 2010: Start 10 - replicates Start menu from Windows 7 Home Cookin' - recipe app Seagate Dashboard - atomically backs up C: drive to my external drive Adobe Touch Reader - from Microsoft Store Any ideas?
Highlighted
Administrator

How often does your Seagate backup software run?
Can you check if it's processing, or has just completed a backup when the error message next occurs?
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I formatted my C: drive, and am in the process of reinstalling Windows, Office 2010 and Act! in that order. I will try the sync and Scheduler before I install anything else. I will let you know if this solves my problem!
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Same problem. I have attached the latest Integration Log. Does it give you any insight as to what is causing the problem?