Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization with Outlook suddenly stops working.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Synchronization with Outlook suddenly stops working.

For what its worth I have started to receive reports for ACT V18 that the service stops and then all catches back up the next day (After a restart.) These are from users who have not had a problem before so just wondering if there might be an underlying issue from a windows system update.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thank you! I hope this problem can be solved. I had this problem in v18 and maybe v17 too, can't remember. Please keep me in the loop. John Kilpatrick
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Do you have a rough idea when the Act! TS folks will have this problem solved. It is really annoying! John K
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi John,

We haven't yet managed to replicate this issue in-house and therefore have been unable to open a detailed defect for the issue. Until a reproducible cause of the issue can be found, it will be very hard to narrow down why the issue is occurring. If you're still running into the issue, I'd suggest giving us a call and working with a technician on some more in-depth troubleshooting, taking into account your extra environmental factors.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Below is a reply from Ch1p, Act! Bronze Super Contributor. It appears I am not the only one experiencing this problem. Re: Synchronization with Outlook suddenly stops working. Options 2 weeks ago For what its worth I have started to receive reports for ACT V18 that the service stops and then all catches back up the next day (After a restart.) These are from users who have not had a problem before so just wondering if there might be an underlying issue from a windows system update. Is their an elevated Tech Support Department I can contact because the guys I have spoken to in the past have no idea what to do.
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi John,
I can see you have already opened several tickets for this issue. I'll send you a PM to arrange a call back.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I am starting to get the same issue.  Made no intentional changes and now Act.Integration stops working with Outlook.  It works, however, with the Google integration.  And yes, I turned of Google integration and is still fails on Outlook.   Using Act! Pro Version 19.1.63.0, Update 2 and  Outlook 2016

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi ecbuck1,

Please see this newly updated Knowledgebase article on the issue: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I am using Outlook 2010 and this fix doesn't work.
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi RickyRay,

The particular issue that this article is addressing (mso20win32client.dll, referencing MAPI errors) is unique to Outlook 2016.
If the Integration is crashing when Outlook 2010 is installed, then this is likely a different issue.