Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization issues in 2006 Premium for Workgroups

Synchronization issues in 2006 Premium for Workgroups

Hello! I am hoping someone might have some insight. I use ACT! 2006 Premium for Workgroups, with the main database on our desktip computer at our flower shop, and the remote database on a laptop. It's been working fine, but today I noticed that an appointment that showed up on the desktop didn't show up on the laptop. I updated test records, and they didn't synchronize either. The synchronization function looks like it's working, and I get a positive, synch done message, but it just hasn't happened.

I have gone through everything in the 'Troubleshooting Network Synchronization in ACT!' Knowledgebase file. So I tried creating a copy of the main database, following the instructions for that, and unpacking and restoring it on the remote database. But it's still not synchronizing.

The funny thing is, earlier today, it synchronized some but not all of the records, and it mostly was a problem of the remote database being updated.

I see there is a 'check and repair' mentioned in the 'Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures' article, but I can't figure out how to access that function.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Synchronization issues in 2006 Premium for Workgroups

Is it just activities or other data?

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?

If you haven't applied 8.02 and Hotfix 5, do so from this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/5xfv4d

Also try, after updating ACT!, to do a sync and schema rebuild as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/44ah4t

I have ACT! 2006 Premium for Workgroups. The 'Check and Repair' Database maintenance optoin on the tools menu helped, but I have had to run check and repair on the main database every day. It effects data going both ways.

Any other ideas or does anyone else have ideas? Thanks!

Karin

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have version 8.0.2.82
Platinum Elite Contributor

Have you applied Hotfix 5?

If Check and Repair helps, but it keeps breaking, it shound's like something on your system is corrupting the database.