When trying to sync, ACT! software code generates the following message: Synchronization has failed. The remote database is using a different Act! version than the main database. Contact your administrator for assistance.
When checking ACT Notifications, ACT! software generates the following message: Product Update You already have the latest version of Act!
1) Why does a version difference between the remote and the main databases exist when I "already have the latest version of Act!"
Lets us not forget that ACT software code is generating these two, apparently conflicting, messages.
2) So, I am the administrator, the targeted small business owner of Swiftpage. Now, WHY and HOW am I supposed to know of the final resolution of this technical issue at the cost of more wasted time because of ACT software that is routinely problematic?
Hi, thanks for the response.
I have a desktop computer only. My desktop version of ACT shows: Act! Premium Version 220.127.116.11, Update 3.
The cloud database shows: ACT Premium Web Act! Premium (Web) Version: 18.104.22.168
I received no email or notice from Swiftpage on a change. All my Swiftpage emails are routed to a Swiftpage folder. A search of my email on all folders shows no email from Swiftpage.
So, my desktop version of Act Premium Version 22.214.171.124, Update 3 states that no product update is available I cannot upgrade to version 20. Further, Act Premium Version 18 showed a product update that allowed me to update to version 19
In truth, Administrator Taylor, your response was not helpful. I authored an eloquent post.
Now, I have been on the phone with Swiftpage Tech Support, now exceeding 150 hours since Nov 2016 and, clearly, the person has no clue as to what they are talking about. I hung up on them. The call was recorded for quality assurance, I can assure you. There was no quality, again.
1) Down Yet Again Because of Swiftpage
2) Swiftpage has offered to me no option to upgrade to version 20
3) Swiftpage wants me to renew my subscription for $450 to continue this agony
This is what my clients received which you should have done.
Act! Premium Cloud Maintenance Complete
Welcome to Act! v20!
Act! Premium Cloud maintenance is complete and your database was successfully migrated to Act! v20.
Here's what's new:
• Act! Insight dashboards – subscriber exclusive!
• Ask Act!™ with Amazon Alexa1 – subscriber exclusive!
• Act! Companion updates – subscriber exclusive!
• A fresh, new look for Act! Premium Windows® and Act! emarketing
• Compatibility and usability improvements
• And more! See what's new
You will need to update your Outlook® or Gmail™ integration and synchronisation services, as well as the mail merge service. See additional details.
If you have an offline client, it will need to be upgraded to v20 to continue synching. See additional details. To upgrade your offline client to v20, click here.
For additional information, visit the Act! Premium Cloud Migration FAQ.
Still have questions? Chat live with an Act! Technical Support Advisor. Thank you for your continued support!
The Act! Premium Cloud Team
1 Works with Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, and Echo Show. General availability pending Amazon skill certification
©2017 Swiftpage ACT! LLC. All rights reserved. Swiftpage, Act!, and the Swiftpage product and service names mentioned herein are registered trademarks or trademarks of Swiftpage ACT! LLC, or its affiliated entities. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.