Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization failed. Violation of Unique key contraint

Synchronization failed. Violation of Unique key contraint

I have been trying for over 3 weeks to get some help on this and I can't seem to get a right answer via phone and email support so I thought maybe this might help.  I have been trying to get our ACT set up and all of the company works in the field and I need to get the main server pc set up wtih ACT and then set up to synch with the remote pc's.

When I go into the Synchronization Panel to set this up and create remote databases this is what I get:

I click on "enable synchronization and this error pops up and then shuts ACT down

Enable synchronization failed.  Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'TBL_SYNCSET_AK!'.  Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.TBL_SYNCSET'.

PRC_SYNC_CREAT_DEVICESYNCET: TBL_SYNCSET - FAILTED TO CREATE DEVICE SYNCSET FOR USER

Sync Enable error occurred

The statement has been terminated.

HELP Please

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Synchronization failed. Violation of Unique key contraint

There is a similar error that means there is some corruption in the database.

Run all the database repair options in ACTDIAG as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/4o9lz8

I am having the same exact issue and have used all the tools in ACTDIAG. Nothing is working... All the scans show no errors with the software. Tried rebuilding, fixing, reindexing, nothing helps. 

Does anyone have a working solution?

-Thanks

-Casey Strom 

Platinum Elite Contributor

caseystrom wrote:

I am having the same exact issue and have used all the tools in ACTDIAG. Nothing is working... All the scans show no errors with the software. Tried rebuilding, fixing, reindexing, nothing helps. 

Does anyone have a working solution?

-Thanks

-Casey Strom 

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?

Is the remote, server and (if used) sync server all the same build?

Do you have multiple remote? If so does this happen for all of them?

Copper Contributor

This error can result if two or more users whose first 15 characters of their user names are identical. Example:  Receptionist and  Receptionist2