Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization error message

Synchronization error message

Synching was working flawlessly I didn't do anything to change it but now I get this error message and haven't a clue to how to fix it or what it means.   Needless to say it wont synchronize with my desktop.

Synchronization has failed

Value '-4' is not valid for Maximum

Maximum nust be greater than or = to 0

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Synchronization error message

Here is an article with instructions for resolving this issue: KB Article 26072

If rebuilding the Preferences does not resolve the issue, you may want to create a new remote database to test syncing with before recreating the ACT7 instance within SQL.

Greg Martin
Sage

Greg

Thank you for directing me to help resolve the synchronizing issue.  I am a bit confused and scared to try anything as ACT

Premium (Web) 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2 doesn't even work with email.  You can only use Outlook or copy and paste an email address into another browser.  Once in a while I mistakenly try to send an email using Act and it doesn't work.  Could this still be my problem?

Before I go and monkey around and make a bigger problem, I thought I ask you.

Please let me know.

Lisa M

Platinum Super Contributor

If I understand your description correctly - you don't have ACT! set up to send emails (it can and that may be a subject for a different post).  Deleting the Preferences is definitely the first step and least intrusive.  Once deleted, you will have to set up preferences again (such as customized columns, word processor selected, basically how screens are presented).

Also, another option is to run Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair option.  Run this first to see if it can resolve the issue; if it doesn't, then perform the steps to rebuild the Preferences.

If those do not resolve it, I recommend creating a new remote database to put on your computer and test syncing it.  If it is successful, it indicates that the issue is with the data in the old remote.  You will want to then start using the new remote as your main database.

If the new remote fails to sync and issues the same message, then it indicates there is an issue with the installation of SQL.  Hopefully it won't get this far.

Greg Martin
Sage

thank you greg, I tried what you said and then got all mixed up. Had to call tech support. I couldn't find my database after I went to the actdia and deleted preferences. I am all set now,
Sometimes reading the instructions isn't simple enough and never tells you what if you make a mistake and how to fix.