Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization based on Record Manager

Tuned Listener

Synchronization based on Record Manager

I'm signed into a remote database that is based on synch set criteria where  Record Manager = <username>

If I create a new contact in the remote database and synch with the publisher database, the new contact synchs properly to the publisher database.

If I reassign the record manager at the Publisher database side (let's say I'm reassigning clients), I would expect the record to appear in the new rep's remote database and the record to be removed from the "old" rep's db.

Here is what is happening:

Contact appears in new reps remote database.

Contact sits in old rep's remote database with old record manager information.  If I delete the "old" contact record then it deletes the contact from the publisher database and fouls up the synch.

Any ideas how to resolve this problem?

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Synchronization based on Record Manager

Actually I think it's working as designed. You could create a new RDB for the first user after reassigning the contact to the second user. When the first user added the contact it became part of his sync set. What you expected was behaviour like limited access, not the sync set.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Thanks Roy.  That is odd to me. 
When the 2nd user synchs, he gets a copy of the same record with him as the Record Manager. So, the new RDBs have the following:

User1:  Test Contact with RM=User1

User2:  Test Contact with RM=User2

If I recreate the RDB, User1 gets the RDB with the same contact not having been removed.

If User1 Deletes his copy, it deletes the contact on the Pub DB.

Any thoughts?

I'm going to try this in the demo company.

Thanks

Craig

Platinum Elite Contributor

The sync set only defines the original set of contacts for the RDB. The report user can go to the synchronization panel and request any other contact in the database that isn't a private record or masked by limited access. That contact becomes part of their sync set. That's why changing the record manager won't remove the contact from an existing remote database even though record manager was used to define the original sync set.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129