Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization Has Failed. Divide By Zero Error Encountered

Synchronization Has Failed. Divide By Zero Error Encountered

Hi All,

I'm having an issue synchronizing an Act! database. The past week we have had issues with the local server database synchronizing with the cloud server. Upon login you will be notified that you have not synchronized in XX days and you will require it. The usual synchronization dialog box appears and kicks out at the 'Synchronising Records and Updates' part where we are greeted with another dialog box saying that 'Synchronization has failed. Divide by zero encountered. Contact your administrator for assistance'. I have attached some images for reference.

Our database is shared and stored on a network server and synchronized with an external server on the "cloud". I can access both and have ran ActDiag to repair and reindex, but it has not reported an errors or seemed to repaired it either. The database on the cloud server appears to be behind by a week since they wont sync.

We are running Act! Premium Version 19.2.146. All 10 clients are running Windows 7, our local server is Running Windows Server 2008 R2 and the cloud server is running Windows Server 2012 R2.

Thank you for your time and effort with this one.

Re: Synchronization Has Failed. Divide By Zero Error Encountered

Hi Trimaz,

Would you happen to know the version of SQL server that is running each server? this can be checked from 'Windows key + R > Actdiag'

This is not an error message that I am familiar, but due to where it is failing it seems like it would be general information entered that is prompting this error.

I would ensure that you have a back up of both Publisher and Subscriber before proceeding and would recommend running repairs from 'Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and repair...' - I would run this on both databases unless we can verify that the publisher is syncing correctly with another database.

Hi Dan,

Both the local share server and the cloud server are running SQL Server 2014 - Express Edition. I ran a check and repair on both servers and databases and through Act itself and it gives an all clear, if I run the repair through ActDiag is comes out with an Execution Timeout Expired error, when I okay that another dialogue box pops up saying that the Check and Repair was unable to fix all errors... (I have attached a screenshot). I have applied Yes, and once finished it says the Completed Database Repair on database XXX.

I might have to go through all the records one by one to see what data entered is causing the error.

I would recommend the repair via Act itself as Actdiag has a defect where it will show that message even if it does not require further repairs.

It may be a way to check the record and see if there is a note or a history that maybe causing a problem (Large text / special characters)

You should only need to check the contacts that have been updated since last sync and would recommend using the Contact activity lookup.

KB 14312 - How to Use the Contact Activity Lookup

Thank you all for the responses. I didn't want to leave the database too long, so I ended up deleting it, recreating it and synchronizing it with the main one on the cloud server. We only had a week of data to re-enter that way.